Endeavour electric cellos are hand-crafted to quality specifications of The String Workshop.
Now available in two colours: Black carbon fibre, or White carbon fibre.
These electric cellos stand out from other brands of ‘cheap’ and ‘low-spec’ electric cellos which unfortunately swamp today’s market. Endeavour electric cellos are built to higher spec requirements, and produce an alive, clear resonance which exceeds the tone of other electric cellos in this price range. They are made from select and seasoned tonewoods, hand crafted, and then carefully wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl for a modern look, and undergo thorough quality control checks before being sent to New Zealand. Once they arrive in New Zealand, they are again inspected and evaluated for quality. Each instrument is then personally set-up by Phil Whitehead and professionally adjusted for perfect playability, and for the most clear and ‘sizzling’ tone.
New Zealand’s performers agree; "Endeavour electric cellos are excellent instruments."
The ENDEAVOUR “Interceptor” series electric cello outfit Includes cello, carbon fibre bow, protective carry bag, and rosin.
ENDEAVOUR ‘Interceptor’ cello Specs:
- Bridge: Despiau (France)
- Strings: D’addario Helicore (USA)
- Pegs: Ebony with Parisian eyes
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Tailpiece: Carbon Fibre, with built in precision tuners
- Wings: ABS polymer
- Body: Solid select seasoned Maple.
- Body Finish: Carbon fibre (black or white)
- Pickup: “Shadow”. Under-bridge slimline transducer – Germany
- Electronics: “Shadow” 9 volt onboard 'active' electronics. Preamp has volume control, plus 2-band active parametric EQ, Bass & Treble. Separate 3.5mm audio input socket, and 1/4 inch output jack socket.
- Bow: Braided Carbon Fibre stick. Ebony frog with parisian eyes. Natural unbleached Mongolian horsehair. Nickel-mounted frog. Silver lapping. Leather thumb grip.
- Bag: Durable padded nylon carry-bag. Black. Water resistant. With straps and pockets and bow-holder.
" Very happy with the cello. Definitely highly recommended! "
"The cello has arrived and it's just beautiful! Love the silver finish which wasn't as visible in the photographs. Thank you for the prompt postage!"
You are welcome to visit ‘The String Workshop’ in Mairangi Bay and try before you buy.