Endeavour electric violins are hand-crafted to quality specifications of The String Workshop.
The ENDEAVOUR "Eclipse" series electric violins are hand carved and hollow bodied. The outfit Includes violin, carbon fibre bow, case, and rosin.
These violins stand out from other brands of 'cheap' and 'low-spec' electric violins which unfortunately swamp today's market. Endeavour electric violins are built to higher spec requirements, and produce an alive, clear and resonance which exceeds the tone of other electric violins in this price range. Made from select and seasoned tonewoods, hand crafted, and then carefully lacquered. They then undergo thorough quality control checks before being sent to New Zealand. Once they arrive in New Zealand, they are again inspected and evaluated for quality. Each instrument is then personally set-up by Phil Whitehead and professionally adjusted for perfect playability, and for the most clear and 'sizzling' tone.
New Zealand's entertainers agree; Endeavour electric violins are excellent instruments.
ENDEAVOUR 'Eclipse' Specs:
- Bridge: Despiau (France)
- Strings: (4 - string) D'addario Helicore (USA)
- Chinrest: Ebony
- Pegs: Ebony
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Tailpiece: Carbon Fibre with built-in precision tuners
- Body: Hand carved select spruce
- Body: Hand carved select seasoned Flamed Maple.
- Body Finish: Natural Varnish
- Pickup: Under-bridge transducer
- Electronics: Shadow pickup system (Germany). Onboard 3 volt active electronics. Preamp has volume control, plus Tone. Separate 6.3mm (1/4 inch) audio output socket.
- Bow: Braided Carbon Fibre stick. Ebony frog with parisian eyes. Natural unbleached Mongolian horsehair. Nickel-mounted frog. Silver lapping. Leather thumb grip.
- Case: Composite carbon fibre. Sturdy and luxurious Deluxe model. Impact resistant. With hygrometer, two bow clips, 'roomy' shoulder rest compartment, A4 sheet music pocket, removable shoulder straps.
You are welcome to visit 'The String Workshop' in Mairangi Bay and try before you buy.