Endeavour ‘Artisan’ cellos are light-weight and produce an alive, and clear resonance which far exceeds the tone of other instruments in this price range. Made from carefully selected fine-grained and seasoned tonewoods, they are hand crafted, and then carefully hand varnished before being sent to New Zealand. Once they arrive in New Zealand, they are carefully inspected for quality control. Each instrument is then personally set-up by Phil Whitehead and professionally adjusted for perfect playability, and for the most clear and balanced tone.
New Zealand’s music teachers agree; Endeavour ‘Artisan’ cellos are excellent instruments.
Available in all sizes: 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 4/4
ENDEAVOUR “ARTISAN” cello specs:
- Belly: Solid select spruce
- Back: Solid flamed Maple
- Ribs: Solid flamed Maple
- Purfling: Ebony/Maple/Ebony. Inlaid by hand
- Bridge: ‘Aubert’ (France)
- Pegs: Ebony
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Varnish: Traditional style satin finish
- Tailpiece: Ultralight Carbon fibre, with built-in precision fine-tuners.
- Strings: D’Addario ‘Helicore’ (USA)
- Bow: Brazilian hardwood stick. Ebony frog. Natural unbleached horsehair. Silver lapping. Leather thumb grip.
- Bag: Lightweight water resistant durable nylon bag, impact resistant 10mm foam inner. With bow quiver, A4 sheet music pocket, and 2 shoulder straps.
You are welcome to visit ‘The String Workshop’ in Mairangi Bay and try before you buy.