“The Disciple is the ultimate solution for a great and affordable viola.”
Endeavour ‘Disciple’ violas are meticulously hand-crafted in China to strict design and quality specifications of The String Workshop. They stand out from other brands of ‘heavy’ and ‘dull’ instruments which are swamping today’s market.
Endeavour ‘Disciple’ violas are light-weight and produce an alive, and clear resonance which far exceeds the tone of other instruments in this price range. Made from hand selected seasoned tonewoods, they are skilfully hand crafted, carefully varnished, and then undergo thorough quality control checks before being sent to New Zealand. Once they arrive in New Zealand, they are again inspected and evaluated for quality. Each instrument is then personally set-up by Phil Whitehead and professionally adjusted for perfect playability, and for the most clear and balanced tone.
New Zealand’s viola teachers agree; Endeavour ‘Disciple’ violas are excellent beginners-intermediate instruments.
ENDEAVOUR “DISCIPLE” specs:
- Bridge: ‘Aubert’ (France)
- Strings: D’addario Prelude (USA)
- Tailpiece: carbon fibre, with built-in precision fine-tuners.
- Pegs: Ebony
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Belly: Solid spruce
- Back: Solid Maple
- Ribs: Solid Maple
- Neck: Solid Maple
- Bow: Brazilian hardwood stick. Ebony frog. Natural unbleached horsehair. Silver lapping. Leather thumb grip.
- Case: Lightweight model. Water resistant durable nylon cover, impact resistant styrofoam core. With two bow clips, A4 sheet music pocket, and 2 removable shoulder straps.
You are welcome to visit ‘The String Workshop’ in Mairangi Bay and try before you buy.